It´s been a while since my last post... i wouldn´t be suprised if my blog has been given up on. But it will survive! I haven´t had time to call my mother of facebook let alone blog until the past few days, if that´s any consolation.
So far on my europe tour i´ve been to Budapest, Venice, Vienna, Nice, Monaco, and now I´m in my hostel for a one night escapade in Barcelona. Anna should arrive any minute. Most of the time we travelled together, accompinied in the first two countries by Ada which was soooo lovely. Travelling started out smooth but got rocky quite quickly when all trains from Venice to Nice were booked, and therefore we spent a full day of travelling when we should have spent the day in Nice. Once we got that figured out Anna and I split up, Anna to a small town south of Perpinion and me to Monaco to stay with my friend Agnes. We had replanned our intinerary only to find out the the next train we booked was also booked, which set us back another full day. Now we have one day in Barcelona and one day in Paris as oppossed to two in each as originally planned. But hey, that´s the fun in travel - you never know how things will turn out, but it´s not the destination but the journey, right?
Everyplace has been tremendously beautiful and each city has treated us beautifully, even if I have less to say about the public transport. I could write for hours on ever place I travelled but I haven´t the time nor the energy. Ask me in person!
Tonight is a big celebration in Barcelona, Saint Joan´s day. We had no idea! Music, beach. fireworks, dancing. Anna and I should have a tooon of fun.
Then we spend the full day tomorrow and take a night train (if all goes as planned) to Paris where we spend the day and take an evening train to Amsterdam. Then I have a few days to pack my things and get out of there. I think one of the days before I leave for Oxford Anna and I are recording a demo in a professional music studio. How cool!
I´m a little nervous about the logistics of packing and shipping and moving, etc, but it should be fine.
Now - Barcelona! If only I could salvage my long lost high school Spanish...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment